avomed & EuroMedix,
partners in health promotion
and preventive medicine in Tirol
An ounce of prevention.
Among the major causes of death are diseases whose risk factors are well-defined and easy to diagnose, and that can be positively influenced by a change in lifestyle. avomed (Arbeitskreis für Vorsorgemedizin und Gesundheitsförderung in Tirol), the working group for preventive medicine and health promotion in Tirol, is dedicated to bringing this message to a diverse Alpine population, resulting in a drastic reduction in many diseases in infants, children and adults.
Flexible approach for a diverse population
avomed takes a multi-pronged approach to promoting (children’s) health to the people of Tirol: from rural Alpine villages to urban Innsbruck. Aspects include a healthy diet and the early detection of diseases and their risk factors.
EuroMedix has been a partner with avomed for 10 years and is proud of the contribution it makes to promoting health and preventative medicine to infants, children and adults.
avomed's programmes include:
- Dorfsgesundheitswochen, or village health weeks, addressing rural Alpine villages
- Tyroler Gesundheitstage, or Tirol health days, focused on the urban population of the capital city Innsbruck
- Richtig essen von Anfang an: workshops promoting a healthy diet in infants, and helping mothers meet their developing babies’ nutritional needs
- Genussvoll essen im Kindergarten: learning early that healthy eating can also be enjoyable
- Similar programmes at fairs, shopping centres and other health events.